Today I started to prepare the right side brake pedals for installation. I also spent some time shoveling the gravel on the hangar floor to try and help encourage good drainage of rain. I was glad to spend less time on workshop infrastructure and actually get to work on the bearhawk some.
I noticed that the hole for the mounting bolt was a little undersized, as would be expected with a welded part like that. A quick pass with a drill bit cleaned it up. This would have also been a nice job for a reamer if I had one, but this part turned out fine with the drill bit too. Note to self- move the vice from the clubhouse to the hangar. You can’t build an airplane without a vice, at least not safely.