Taxi Checks

Today was supposed to be the day of the airworthiness inspection, but the FSDO had to cancel it. I spent a few minutes working on a few minor things, such as installing the new Dynon backup battery that arrived, and replacing the GPS data card with a new database. I also adjusted the prop governor stop screw to try and increase the static RPM. I taxied around for a while, working at first on verifying that the RPM increase was good. Then I worked up and down the runway, increasing my taxi speed by about 5 knots each time. It occurred to me that I had not yet done a compression check on the engine, so I did that while it was hot and found all good numbers. At this point, the airplane is pretty much ready to fly, at least mechanically.

Leave a Reply