Still More Cementing

The new can of cement came in so Tabitha and I resumed our covering. While Tabitha finished the fuselage edges I started to prepare the horizontal stabilizer for a new patch. This was an area that I’ve patched before, but needed to patch again after grinding off the sharp edge on the elevator trim mechanism.

First, I drew a circle

First, I drew a circle


Then I used MEK to remove the coats around the patch area

Then I used MEK to remove the coats around the patch area


Here are the sheets of polycarbonate for the windows and skylight

Here are the sheets of polycarbonate for the windows and skylight


The landing gear legs have a brake line that hides under the covering, so I installed the brake lines in both.
I'll have access to remove the lines later, but it's easier to put them in now.  Note!  in this picture, they are upside down.

I’ll have access to remove the lines later, but it’s easier to put them in now. Note! in this picture, they are upside down.


Tabitha works on cementing the left side of the fuselage.

Tabitha works on cementing the left side of the fuselage.


Those dark blue gloves are extra thick ones from Harbor Freight, which work much better than the regular ones.