Step 1: A Hangar

This summer we worked on a place to work on the Bearhawk.  Since there is an airport that is very close to our house, we decided to locate the project there.  This is what the hangar looked like before:

It was a bit of a mess

It was a bit of a mess

And here is the “after”:

Almost Finished

Almost Finished

Patrick and Bradley came to help us move the airplane from the trailer to the hangar.

We gave it a nice run up the runway to see if it would fly.  No Luck.

We gave it a nice run up the runway to see if it would fly. No Luck.

To get the Fuselage out of the trailer we stationed one person on each main landing gear wheel, and Patrick on the bottom front cross tube.  We had no problem carrying the weight out far enough to set down the main wheels while the tailwheel was still in the trailer.  From that point it was easy to roll the main wheels on the ground for the rest of the adventure, including lowering the tailwheel down to the ground.
Patrick and the Wings

Patrick and the Wings

When it was time to carry the wings out we set out the packaging styrofoam and stationed people accordingly.  It would have been possible with two but was much easier with four. 
Tabitha, Bradley, and Patrick

Tabitha, Bradley, and Patrick

To carry them on the trailer we stacked some wooden pallets under a sheet of foam.  This helped the wing clear the trailer fenders.  Since we were only going a short distance and were not going on the raod it worked fine.

Now we just need to straighten up the hangar a bit and get started on the fun!