The fiberglass from yesterday was cured well, so I used the belt sander to trim the outer edge further.
To fix those problems I mixed up a batch of superfil, aka smurf extract. To spread the filler evenly in the corner, I used another hotel key. These have turned out to be quite handy and useful for this kind of work.
That rounded corner gave me a nice filet of filler.
While that cured I spent more time on the headrest structure. I found a good deal on a set of electrical knock-out punches on ebay, and it turns out that they make great lightening holes in aluminum. I sharpened the old tools on the belt sander and made a few test holes. These are some of my favorite new tools, because they are so simple to use and maintain, and because they make such nice holes.
While I was working on that Tabitha did more planning for the new window frames.