This morning I made and installed some mounting tabs for the front seat belt crotch straps. I used 1/8 inch 4130 steel.
I removed much of the metal to save weight.
I had a hard time coming up with a good mounting method that would put everything in the right place. This is the best that I could come up with.
A while back I shorted the SD-8’s ammeter shunt while I was working on something under the cowl. After a discussion with Bob Nuckolls on the AeroElectric list, I decided to replace the fuse link that was there to protect that shunt. He recommended a fuse instead of a fuse link, since that’s what’s in the Z13/8 drawing now. I ordered this fuse holder, which uses a gasket that is very similar to the weatherpack connectors.
It’s a good thing that I replaced the fuse link. Here’s what it looked like when I took it out of the fiberglass sheath.
Afterwards I killed a few minutes by peeling more of the protective plastic off of the wing skins.