Prop Control Support

The baby is running behind schedule, which is a good thing. It means that I’m in town with a clear schedule, which translates to getting lots of things done. I started with deburring the prop control support bracket that I started making yesterday.

New Prop Control Support Bracket

New Prop Control Support Bracket


The new bracket is very similar to the old one, with a few notable differences. First, on the end that is on the right side of the picture above, I’m adding a little flange to bend up. This will support the cable in a more secure way than an adel clamp. The new bracket is thicker, simply because the aluminum that I had on hand was a little thicker. I bent flanges along the edges as in the original, and they add quite a bit of stiffness. I drilled a few lightening holes in it and installed the whole contraption onto the prop governor.