After spending a few minutes making holes in my aluminum welding practice pieces, I got back to productive work. I cleaned up the skylight parts and sprayed them with some temporary primer. I also trimmed the little grounding bus off of one of my fuse blocks, since I’m going to be using the brass forest of tabs instead. Finally, I used some aluminum screen material to block off the holes in the little rib that supports the aft end of the wingtips.
I don’t know if the weight saved by the lightening holes is more than the weight that I added with the screen and rivets, but at least there are some flanges there to add some stiffness.