Today I made a bracket for the parking brake valve. This will support the end of the cable.
I installed a cable control and found that I had a bit of a problem- it was backwards. I definitely want for the cable to be pushed forward when the parking brake is released, but in my first configuration it was the other way around. What I really needed was to flip the whole parking brake over. This would also solve the problem of the wacky curved brake lines that I wrote about earlier. Since the Dynon compass sensor is in the wing and I’ll need to be able to remvove the wings later, I needed to add a splice in each of the shielded cables near the wing root. I used a d-sub connector for both of the cables (4 conductors and a shield for each) and for the OAT sensor in the wing. In the end I’ll have the molex connector for the wing lights and the single d-sub connection for everything else. I made the connections for these cables at the instrument end, which completes the Dynon wiring. I used a little bit of rescue tape to build up the diameter of the bundle so that it will be more evenly supported where it exits the back shell.