Nose Light

The cowl work continues. I drilled holes for attaching the new fiberglass bump. I installed yesterday’s nose bowl backing strips with a little bit of JB weld to hold them when the screws are out. I returned to the nose light bracket. I made a lens out of spare window polycarbonate, but didn’t like how it turned out. The fit wasn’t very tight, so I made another that fits much better. I installed nutplates in the aluminum strips along the sides.

Nose Light Bracket

Nose Light Bracket


The angle will be adjustable to a certain degree by sliding the two top pieces. On to the skylight, I finally was able to come up with a system that I like. I’m using 1.25″ wide 1/8″ aluminum strips in the middle. I was having a hard time drilling these acurately, until I realized that I could remove the clear skylight panes and drill without them. Since the holes in the polycarbonate are well oversized anyway, they don’t have a role in the match drilling. These strips will be thick enough for the screws to be countersunk, and stiff enough to make a nice straight line.