After the harrowing fuselage move, we left town for a few days of vacation. Now that we are back, it’s time to move the wings. These should be easier to move than the fuselage. The process included taking each wing off of the rack and putting them on saw horses. Then we put the rack onto the trailer and secured the bottom of it. Then we moved each wing back onto the rack, and secured the wings to the rack and to the trailer. Here is what it looked like:
Danny was instrumental in getting this done. We moved the whole package to the airport, including the struts (which Danny took in his car) and many of the tools. We are expecting a crowd tomorrow evening at the EAA meeting, so for now we just took the whole trailer into the hangar and left the wings loaded on it.