More Baffling Accessories

Today I started by finishing the front baffle work. I installed the flange for the blast tube that will help cool the alternator. Next I reconnected the oil pressure wire and started to install the breather tube at the engine. The fitting that Bob supplied for this purpose routes the hose too close to the engine mount, so I’m going to need another fitting that will provide the right clearance.

Breather interferes with the engine mount

Breather interferes with the engine mount


After lunch I was able to cut a hole in the firewall for the cabin heat box, and started connecting more of the last few wires left to connect, such as the thermocouples on the left side of the engine for CHT and EGT. I made some heat shrink strain relief for the carburetor air temperature, since there isn’t a good place to attach the wires close by.
Carb Air Temp Strain Relief

Carb Air Temp Strain Relief


Next I installed the duct flanges for the magneto cooling tubes, and made the holes for the blue plastic ignition lead grommets.
Ignition grommet holes

Ignition grommet holes


Ignition lead holes

Ignition lead holes


I made an effort to route the cables so that they were twisted and tangled as little as possible. I took a break for supper and then came back to connect the thermocouple wires on the right side fo the engine, and securing the firewall forward wires in general.