Making Windows

Today I continued work on the lower right door, and assembled the frame to the skin with the Makrolon in between. I cut out the blanks for the skylights and drilled holes in those pieces.

Skylight Polycarbonate

Skylight Polycarbonate


I mentioned last time that I needed to get another bolt for the carb/airbox attachment, and today I brought the new bolt and drilled it. I installed those bolts with safety wire and used a little bit of high-temp silicone to seal the holes in the top of the box.
Safety wired bolt heads

Safety wired bolt heads


I swapped out the temporary engine drain plug for the quick drain, and added safety wire to that too. Finally, I cut out a piece of .025 aluminum to use as the roof, which is the little section between the skylight and the windshield. I made one a few years back, but through an unfortunate turn of events it ended up in the middle of the street, being run over by a few cars. Let’s just say it was because of the wind. I sort of forgot that I had set the sheet metal piece on top of the car before I drove off. The wind picked up considerably as the car started going faster.

Posted on
Hours Logged This Session:
Total Hours: 1883.75