Tabitha and Felicia came out to help today. We installed the new tubing in the sight gauges and reinstalled them. We deburred the previously-made wing root fairing for the right wing.
The girls went home for supper while I stayed to make the root fairings for the horizontal stabilizer. They attach to the inboard rib of the stabilizer, which is a very narrow spot to hit with the drill bit. I found that the best way to get the holes lined up was to drill the stab first, then use the strap duplicator to drill the aluminum. I worked for a while on the skylight aluminum strips, only to discover that my plan up until now is not going to work. I was planning to use thin aluminum pieces to hold down the polycarbonate, but the holes aren’t frequent enough for that.