Yesterday I located the oil cooler on the left rear baffle. Today I cut out some aluminum tubes to use as the supports that will keep the flanges from bending together when I tighten the bolts. Unfortunately, I ordered the wrong size of tube! It’s too small and the bolts won’t fit through.
I finished cutting off the other headset jack tab and primed both sides.
The landing light bracket will use the four corner screws to hold the brackets together, and the two large side bolts to attach that assembly to the structure in the nose bowl.
I worked a little bit more on the first headrest, making sure that he system is going to work before I make four of them. The idea is that these headrests will retract to the point where they are just slightly taller than the seat back. This is the only way that we could think of that would allow something to be tall enough to provide decent function (crash protection) but not in the way during operations with one or more empty seats. I copied the idea from a minivan.
In the picture above you can see three small holes in the short bracket. Those holes will get blind rivets, as will
additional holes on the top bracket.