Final Wing Bolt Torque

Today an order came in from Aircraft Spruce. When I ordered the new aileron cable, I ordered 3/32″ diameter instead of 1/8″. This was a frustrating mistake, but fortunately they are going to accept a return on the 3/32″. I installed the wing tiedown rings at the top of the wing strut, which required removing the bolts and putting them back in. I torqued all of the remaining wing bolts and applied some torque seal paint. The paint isn’t without its own shortcomings, but there is a chance that it might indicate a bolt loosening problem sometime. Another one of the suggestions that came from our EAA Chapter project visit was to route the cabin heat overflow away from the battery. In my original arrangement it was pointed directly at the battery. I ordered a huge Adel clamp that would go around the 2″ tube, and installed it on one of the bolts that holds the parking brake valve in place.

Carb Heat Overflow

Carb Heat Overflow

While I was working there I also noticed that the engine ground cable had a long floppy section that wasn’t supported so well, so I added a clamp to stabilize it better.