This morning the foam was well-cured so I did a bit more shaping. I covered the foam with masking tape so that the final fiberglass part will not show where the voids are in the foam. Another option would have been to fill the voids with filler, but since this is a small part and since I have plenty of tape, this seemed easier.
When I made the scoop flange and windshield fairing, I used a pretty coarse fiberglass cloth. This made the finishing more difficult than it needed to be. For this job, I decided to lay the last layer on in a finer weave cloth.
I cut the coarse pieces into strips about the size of candy bars. This would allow me to lay them over the complex curves without wrinkles. I rubbed on a generous layer of wax to the mold and mixed up a batch of epoxy. I added the strips in the usual way to build up about three layers, then added the fine cloth as a single piece.