Since the first headrest turned out well enough, I bent the parts for the other 3. I made some measurements for what type of support I’ll need to make for the oil cooler also. Since the intake scoop is going to need a fiberglass flange to attach to the cowl, I’m going to construct it right on the cowl. I used tape to apply a big trash bag to the aluminum:
I put 3 layers of 1/4″ foam between the bottom of the FAB an the top of the scoop. This will allow some space for the alternate air door mechanism, and will also allow for engine vibration. The FAB shakes with the engine, but the scoop shakes with the cowl.