I picked up where I left off yesterday by continuing with engine preparations. I added safety wire to the bottom of the baffles, to hold the front and back curved sections inward. I also added safety wire to the oil filter, tachometer drive cap, and oil pressure relief valve. Then I reinstalled the engine and put cotter pins in the castellated nuts that hold the engine to the mount.
I finished the glideslope antenna by covering the whole length with heat shrink tubing. I also slipped a small 1/8″ diameter wood skewer in to help keep it all straight.
I’ll plan to install this in the top of the windshield area.