Compass Module Direction Swap

I’m back to working solo today. I started by making some extensions for the rear seat center seatbelts. I used 1/8″ 4130 to make little dog-bones, which would move the attach bolt outward by 1″. Then I cut a piece of tubing that was as long as the attach bracket in the seat structure. I ran one bolt through the seat bracket and both dog bones, then ran another bolt through the seat belt brackets, the dog bones, and the spacer tube. A picture would help with making sense of all of this, but I didn’t take one, sorry! Yesterday I found that the compass readings were 180 degrees off. It turns out that I installed the compass modules backwards, which would explain that problem. I took off the left wing tip and swapped the modules around, which was a tedious 2-hour job.

Leave a Reply