Child Labor

Windshield Installation
Since today was a nice warm day in the hangar, I started working with the windshield. I took it out of the box, set it in place, and it fit just as it was supposed to. I don’t think it is going to need very much trimming at all. I did spend a while smoothing the edges, just to help prevent cracks in the long run.

Bearhawk Windshield Holes

I peeled back enough of the protective coating around the edges to be able to drill the holes for the screws on the side posts. These holes are larger than they need to be, and each is carefully deburred. I used the special plexiglas bits and it all went exactly as advertised.


I made a few bent pieces of aluminum to add to the boot cowl just aft of the windshield. I learned that on my first exhaust pipe I didn’t leave enough room for the nut when i welded on the flange. I fixed this with the dremel, and on future cylinders I’ll use a little bit less filler metal around the holes. Tabitha’s cousin was in town, so they both came out to work for a little while.
Tabitha trimmed the cowling hinge

Tabitha trimmed the cowling hinge


Rebecca deburred hinge holes

Rebecca deburred hinge holes


Then they worked together on dimpling

Then they worked together on dimpling


Bearhawk FAB Cowling

Here’s the final position of the FAB with the bottom cowl pieces on


It was nice to have some extra help!

Posted on
Hours Logged This Session: 7
Total Hours: 1883.75