Aileron Control Cables

This morning I finished replacing the last of the hinge bolts for rivets. I made the aft aileron cable, which goes across the back of the cabin. When I made it, I put the turnbuckle right in the middle. This turned out to be a mistake- I should have put it off to one side instead, or perhaps even in the wing somewhere. I’ll explain why in a few days when I point out the interference with the elevator trim cable. With all of the aileron cables complete I was able to check for interference with the ribs. I found several places where the aft cable was rubbing on the ribs, so I filed those holes to enlarge them accordingly. That took much of the grinding noise out of the system and freed things up a bit. I welded a little more on the exhaust pipes too.

Leave a Reply