I was glad to be done with painting for a little while, and ready to start reassembling things! I sanded the filler on the wingtip and applied a coat of gray automotive primer to check the progress.
I installed the stringers with long blind rivets. These were all aluminum and are very lightweight.
Since we’ve decided to use the Dynon pitot tube, we’ll need to route static lines from the back of the fuselage. These static ports came from a kit that I got from Avery while we were in Oshkosh. The little aluminum plates will hold the ports in place.
I put them close to an attach point so that they wouldn’t wiggle as much.
Next I routed the VHF navigation antenna feedline from the vertical stabilizer. I put a joint in the line so that we can replace the antenna if it doesn’t work, or if it quits working in a few years.
I also did a few more pre-covering jobs, such as adding nutplates to the areas that are going to be harder to get to after covering.